Store launch events, brand and product launches in Sweden and Germany, as well as brand strategy for Dunkin’ Donuts Europe.
Dunkin’ Donuts is the world's leading baked goods and coffee chain, serving more than 3 million customers each and every day. The company offers 50+ varieties of donuts, dozens of premium beverages, bagels, breakfast sandwiches and other baked goods.
Jung von Matt’s mission was to positioning, differentiating and launch the brand Dunkin’ Donuts in the Swedish market. The assignment also included new openings and store launch events in Sweden and Germany, as well as brand strategy for Dunkin’ Donuts Europe.
First out, on December 5, 2014, was the opening in Täby Centrum. The objective was to get as many people as possible on the opening days and create hype around the new launch. Target audience: All gender, 16-42 year old, living in the Stockholm area.
Creative direction, art direction, copywriting, graphic design, project and production management, purchase of photo, film and illustrations, community management, and PR.
"Fika" is something the Swedes keep close to heart and an important part of the Swedish culture. With Dunkin’ Donuts, we wanted to take the Swedish fika culture to new levels. We positioned Dunkin' Donuts as a brand new, modern, colourful and joyful brand - not as conservative as the coffee market usually is. Therefore, the brand promise became: The hole new fika. The promise was used everywhere where the campaign spread before the opening event: social media, PR, ads, OOH, DM, flyers, etc.
The solution for the first opening:
Build a hype around the opening by creating a queue event with entertainment, snacks, etc. On day 1, the first one in the queue got the Sweden's first Dunkin’ Donut and a VIP voucher worth 5,000 SEK. Customers 2-100 received an annual card with free donuts. On day 2 and 3, the 50 first customers each day received an annual Dunkin’ Donuts card.
- People gathered and started to queue a day in advance when Sweden's first Dunkin' Donuts opened in Täby Centrum. 100 persons slept over in the mall and people continued to queue three days after the opening - for a total of four days!
- The hype spread across Stockholm: the opening week beat all records and was awarded within Dunkin’ Donuts Europe as Europe's best campaign. Nowhere in Europe has the interest been this big.
- 6,000+ customers during the opening week purchased for an average of 153 SEK.
- Large media coverage (TV, newspapers, magazines).
- On Facebook, we got 10 992 new likes the first week with an average engagement rate of 20 percent and range of 224,000 people.
- Instagram: From 0 to 1 400 followers in three weeks.
Already one year after the premiere success in Täby Centrum, six Dunkin’ Donuts cafes were established in Sweden and Jung von Matt has been responsible for the launches, all with the brand promise "The Hole New Fika”.