Advertising gets a huge part of our public spaces, and have a huge responsibility for how it affects our society. As an advertising agency, we see it as our duty to be a positive force that takes our society forward and to not re-create stereotypes or taking stupid shortcuts. And this also affects which clients we lend our talent.
We believe that the discussion about equality is far too often limited to gender. For us, it’s obvious that an agency communicating with all genders needs to, at least, have a 50/50 gender balance between men and women – which we have.
But people are not only their gender. Effective communication needs to be rooted in popular culture, and an agency with world-class ambition depends on getting as much diverse input as humanly possible. Also, there are no geniuses. Great advertising is a group effort. That’s why we are consciously recruiting staff from as diverse backgrounds, cultures, ages, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicity and geographical origins as we can. So far, we’ve employed people from several countries in Europe, Asia, North America and South America. With different shapes, colors and sizes.
The result? What we in Sweden call ”korsbefruktning” (”cross-fertilization”), making everyone in the Jung von Matt team a little bit better – as well as the work we do for you.
Our ongoing equality actions:
- Develop our hiring strategy to continuously ensure that recruitment is fair and that all jobs are widely advertised to a diverse range of people, rather than hiring by word of mouth.
- Make flexible working available.
- Stay open-minded towards diversity of candidates during selection for promotion.
- Promote an open climate where we talk about equality and sustainability issues openly and without trepidation.
- Continuously review our benchmarks for diversity.
- Gender, ethnicity and sustainability perspective in all our creative output.
The overall goals for the equality efforts for the period 2017-2020:
Jung von Matt shall be an equal place for work, where all employees are treated with respect and where discrimination is not tolerated. The women in senior positions shall increase to a minimum of 40%. Ethnic and gender diversity among employees shall be in line with the population in Sweden as a whole.
Want to subscribe to our blog? Click here and fill in the form! Subscribers will receive an email every time we publish a new post.